Customer Service Update
Please note that our office is in the path of Hurricane Ian and over the next few days to a week we may experience power outages and communication outages that may prevent us from providing both online and phone support. If we do not answer you right away it may be that we are offline and do not have access to internet or phone lines. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this storm.
PLEASE READ FIRST!
If you are having issues with seeing your discounts for memberships please follow these steps. HOW TO CLEAR YOUR BROWSER
IF YOU CAN NOT EDIT YOUR FILE OR YOU THINK YOU DIDN'T GET A LAYERED FILE PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE CONTACTING US!
- Our templates are "layered .Tif" files which means they are NOT going to show up on your computer as a PSD file but this does not mean it's not a layered file. These files work just like a PSD. The only difference is they will show you a preview thumbnail unlike a PSD file does which allows you to see the preview of the file without having to open it. This saves time finding the file you are looking for because you don't have to open it to see what it looks like.
- Layered Tif files may appear just like a photo on your desktop but when you open them inside of photoshop it will open up with layers.
- If you do not have your computer to open .tif files to photoshop by default you will not be able to double click on the file and have it open in Photoshop automatically. To fix this, right click on the file and select "Open With" and select "Photoshop"
- When you open the file in photoshop and it asks you to "Update Layers or Flatten" DO NOT CHOOSE FLATTEN! This will make it so that you will no longer have layers to edit.
- If you do not want to continue to use these files as layered tif files simply save them out of photoshop as .psd files.
If you have any questions please check our “Help center” before you send us an email. A lot of questions can be answered in our help center.
Need a quicker response? Use our text line 904-372-6283